General: Write at least 3-3.5 pages, double space. Give essay a title. Use 1-inch margins all around and font Times New Roman, size 12, or similar. The grade will be based on these criteria:
• Being thoughtful, detailed, and analytical in your reflection
• Support your statements with evidence: personal examples and/or evidence from reading(s)
• Apply concepts (e.g. optional, non-optional ethnicity) from the reading correctly
• Write carefully:
• title essay to announce topic to the reader
• begin with an introductory statement that announces focus and purpose of essay
• write well-structured paragraphs (transition from one paragraph to the next, topic sentence, 3-4 supporting sentences that discuss ideas and evidence, concluding sentence that is also a transition for the next paragraph) and write clear sentences. Read writing outload to make sure the language is clear.
• conclude essay with a summary statement of major ideas explored and what you learned in the process,
• number pages, revise at least once, and proofread (check spelling and grammar)
Question for Reflection Essay #1.
Read Mary Waters, “Optional Ethnicities” and write a reflection essay on your racial-ethnic identity. Water posits that the fundamental difference between the two types of racial-ethnic identities is that one, the optional ethnicity, comes with no social consequences in U.S. society. Evaluate Water’s argument by applying her ideas to your personal experience.
Answer the questions below as best you can in your reflection. Begin with an introductory paragraph and then answer points 1 to 4.
• Describe your racial-ethnic identity. Explain how you developed an understanding of who you are in terms of your racial and ethnic identity. Refer to individuals, experiences, and cultural practices that have shaped your racial-ethnic identity. (2 paragraphs)
• Do you have an optional or non-optional ethnicity? Explain your answer by applying Water’s theory of optional or non-optional ethnicity. Demonstrate that you understand the important distinction between the two concepts. (1 paragraph)
• How has your racial-ethnic identity predisposed you to advantages and disadvantages in society? Discuss personal examples of unrestricted and restricted access to societal opportunities, instances of subtle (i.e. microaggressions) or overt forms of discrimination, being visible or invisible, and experiencing a complete sense of belonging and safety. Discuss 2 to 3 examples of any combination. (2 paragraphs)
• In answering this question, you can discuss your other identity positions and how these intersect with your racial-ethnic identity. For example, the way you experience your racial-ethnic identity is complicated by your class, gender, sexuality, ability identities, and religion among other social positions.
• What did you learn about your racial-ethnic identity when you applied Water’s concepts of optional and non-optional ethnicities? Which parts of her argument do you agree with, which parts raise questions for you? Explain. (1 paragraph/conclusion)
Personal Experiences- I am a mixed african american male who grew up with only my white side of family, which is my moms side. I never met my fathers side of the family so it was tough at times not sticking out at family events since i was the only be=rown skin at the get togethers most of the time. It was not easy at a young age because i had so many questions about my ethnic background.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.