write a short (~3 page) critical analysis essay that identifies and explains the argument the author is trying to make, evaluates that argument with supporting evidence from outside academic sources, and includes your own personal connection to the material to answer the question: “Why does this book matter?” Your analysis must include the evaluation of the author’s evidence for their main argument, research on the author’s qualifications, and an assessment of the credibility of the author’s argument.
1. Introduction – Introduce the subject matter and include a thesis related to the question, “Why does this book matter?”
2. Summary – This is an academic summary of the entire book. It should not contain your opinions–just the facts. You should include:
A strong first sentence,
Information about the author(s) and an analysis of their qualifications,
An identification and explanation of the main point the author is trying to make, and
At least 3-5 main ideas paraphrased in your own words.
3. Argument Evaluation – This is where you evaluate the author’s argument using evidence from outside academic sources. Here you will tell us what you thought was most important, compelling, or new about the book and why. Evidence from the text in the form of quotes or paraphrasing is important. You can also point out holes in the work and what could have been better. Good questions to ask yourself are: What were the strengths and weaknesses of the book? Did the author convince you that the main points were valid? Was it easy or difficult to read? What would you change about the book? What was the most interesting part of the book? What is the least interesting? Remember that your argument must be supported by evidence from outside academic sources. This means using your library skills from ASU 120.
4. Personal Connection – In this paragraph you can explain with detail how you might apply the concepts from this book in your own life. You can give specific examples from the past, apply it to future situations, etc. If you don’t agree with the premise of the book, here you can explain why it wouldn’t work in your life. Remember, you are trying to show why the book matters (or why it doesn’t). This section is important to showing the value of the book in how it can apply in real life.
5. Conclusion – This will wrap up the essay with your tie to the main question, “Why does this book matter?” You can also suggest if you would recommend the book or who the best audience for the book might be.
Approximately 3 pages in length
A Works Cited or Reference Page
Consistent format for in-text citations and your Works Cited or Reference Page (either MLA or APA is acceptable as long as you are consistent and follow the rules for that style)
Times New Roman, Calibri, or Arial
Critical Book Analysis Rubric
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.