Understanding Multiple Cultures
In Week 1, you had a chance to explore your own identify and personal beliefs. This provided an opportunity for you to examine your own view of the world that has been influenced by your cultural upbringing and experiences helping you understand your thoughts, actions, behaviors and the way you communicate. As an educator, it is also important for you to understand your students’ cultures, so you have an appreciation for how culture also influences the way they interact with you. This will require you to examine the culture of your students beyond a superficial awareness (Tichnor-Wagner, Parkhouse, Glazier, & Cain, 2019). You can then use this information to create learning experiences that are culturally responsive; however, it is also important that you do not make assumptions about students from a particular culture as this will lead to stereotyping. Culture is complex and there will be variations from student to student.
• Read Chapter 5: Experiential Understanding of Diverse Cultures in your text.
• Read Chapter 6: Intercultural Communication in your text.
• Read Chapter 8: Creating a Classroom that Values Diversity and Global Engagement in your text.
• Review through the seven principles and characteristics of Culturally Responsive Teaching (Links to an external site.)
Write: Choose a country whose culture that you either are unfamiliar with or you might have learners from within your instructional setting, and then complete the following:
• Describe the teaching style of educators in your selected country. Provide at least two examples of how you might see educators teach in an instructional setting from that country.
• Describe the learning style of learners in your selected country. Provide at least two examples of how learners typically learn in that country.
o For example, they may have a different approach to learning certain math concepts such as long division.
• Describe the instructional setting. Provide at least two examples of the instructional setting in that country.
o For example, if you walked into the instructional setting, what would you see?
• Describe how educator’s discipline in the education setting. Provide at least two
• Describe the educator to learner relationship in that country. Provide at least one
• Describe the learner to learner relationship in that country. Provide at least one
• Describe at least two examples of non-verbal behavior that is common among the people of your selected country.
o Examples may be related to physical proximity, gestures, intonation, turn-taking, degree of directness, and punctuality.
• Describe one example of polite and one example of impolite behavior common among the people of your selected country.
Knowing more about the culture of your selected country, respond to the following:
• Examine how the culture of your selected country is similar and different to your own culture.
• Describe two problems that you foresee a learner from your selected country having in your instructional setting. Be specific and connect it to the information you found about the culture of your selected country.
• For each problem, develop a solution using culturally responsive teaching practices. Refer to Chapter 8 in your text to support your response. You may also use an additional source if needed.
o Be sure that one of your solutions includes the use of digital resources to support the implementation of culturally relevant instructional practices.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.