You will be presented with a patient case and then answer a series of questions.
Review the case information and then answer each required question with a succinct, informative answer.
Answers should be one to five sentences in length.
Some questions may require a short one-sentence answer, whereas others require a five-sentence answer for a complete explanation.
Consider the most common and obvious answer.
A scholarly reference is required for answers where a source such as textbook or clinical practice guideline is used to develop your response.
Resources to support completion of this assignment:
Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. (2020). 2020 global strategy for prevention, diagnosis and management of COPD (Links to an external site.)
Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention, 2020. Available from www.ginasthma.org (Links to an external site.)
Direct link to pocket guide: https://ginasthma.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/GINA-2020-full-report_-final-_wms.pdf
The purpose of this assignment is to apply the principles of pharmacology to support clinical decisions when prescribing for common acute or chronic diseases. You will synthesize and apply current knowledge regarding pharmacology to the applied case and discuss the mechanisms of action of the various agents used in the treatment of childhood asthma. A summary of the case will also be presented in the SOAP format which will be explained within the assignment.
2. The Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan (SOAP) note is a method of documentation used by NPs and other healthcare professionals and includes:
S: subjective information provided by the patient
O: objective information obtained by the provider
A: assessment is the medical diagnosis rather than the physical assessment. *Hint, this information has already been provided to you in the case.
P: medical plan.
Write a brief SOAP note addressing Haley’s presentation to the clinic and chief complaint. Be sure to include each component: SOAP. A reference is not required for this question.
3. Based on table 62.9 in your book and the infographic in the course on “The Things to Remember When Treating Asthma”, how would you classify Haley’s asthma?
4. What medication(s) would you prescribe in addition to what Haley is already taking? Provide drug name, dose, and directions for each drug/drug class you would like to order at this time.
5. What is your rationale for the medication you chose to prescribe?
6. What type of patient education would you provide to Haley and her father on controlling her asthma?
7. Should Haley be prescribed a cough suppressant. Why or why not?
8. Write a prescriiption for the first drug of choice in your treatment plan. (Remember that Haley is school-age and is in school during the week).
Directions for Use:
Indication for Use:
A reference is not required for this question.
9. Provide the mechanism of action (MOA) for the prescribed medication in layman’s terms. In other words, explain it the way you would explain it to a patient.
10. Include a recommendation on the use of spacers in children with asthma. Why should they be used or not used? Include information on any required education and/or medication that should be provided to the school nurse.
11. What does Haley’s father need to know about how his smoking affects her asthma? What education would you give Haley’s father on smoking cessation?
USE APA Citation
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.