Faults radiate kinetic energy in the form of potentially destructive seismic waves during earthquakes. In simple models, the amount of radiated energy per given seismic moment is essentially controlled by the speed of rupture and the starting and stopping phases. In the real Earth, radiation is strongly controlled by rapid rupture speed variations due to the inherent inhomogeneity and complexity of natural faults. This aspect is still poorly constrained. This project will involve the use of numerical models of dynamic rupture propagation; the aim is to quantify the effective radiation efficiency of faults with various complex distributions of initial friction and stress affecting rupture velocity.
earthquake data: strength of 7 and above and after the year 2000. (preferably around middle east or mid-Asia) if relevant data is not present nor relevant, maybe try south America
if you are familiar with wilber 3 database of earthquake it would be great: https://ds.iris.edu/wilber3/find_event
in the uploaded documents there is a paper titled: physics of earthquake, and my aim is to imitate figure 12. around the desired region for recent earthquake after 2000. and to follow up from Abercrombie (1995) (also attached).
the introduction should include equations from the ‘physics of earthquake’ along geological background and methods that will be used and relevant to the topic
and followed by a literature review from the papers that I attached, and I expect from you to include other relevant resources.
sub-sections in the main body (excluding introduction and conclusion) would really be beneficial even if there was multiple ones in a page
a list of figures which should be more detailed than the figure captions followed by a list of abbreviations. and will be located before the introduction.
it will be sectioned
1. list of abbreviations
2. list of figures
4. background and literature review
7. modelling and interpretation
1)Write in short, simple sentences, one main point per sentence.
2) Try to write as you would speak, using direct clear language. Do not write in txt message style.
3) Don’t use a long word when a short one will do.
4) Use active rather than passive phrasing wherever possible.
5) Don’t turn verbs into nouns: use “each bed grades up from sand to silt” rather than “each bed shows an upward gradation from sand to silt”.
6) Don’t string nouns together: use “the flows breached the left levee of the mid-fan channel” rather than “the flows breached the left mid-fan channel levee”.
7) Avoid jargon, slang and colloquialisms.
8) Do not write in the first person – e.g. “the fieldwork was completed and the data analysed” and not “I completed my fieldwork and then I did my data analysis”.
9) Don’t over-use acronyms. Define ones that you do use
1) Ideally, all diagrams and figures within the report itself should be digitally produced.
2) Keep figures simple rather than cluttered.
3) If possible, design figures so that they are orientated in ‘portrait’ mode on the page rather than ‘landscape’ (i.e. not turned on their side).
4) Use a simple and clear font. Use different sizes of the same font, or bold or italic version, rather a variety of different fonts.
5) Lettering size should be such that capitals are at least 2 mm high. 10 pt is an appropriate size for most lettering.
6) Use several pen line widths, if appropriate, to add contrast to the line-work.
7) Avoid very bold ornament. Also avoid using tones that are too fine or too similar; they will not copy well.
text should be in double-line spacing using 12 pt Times New Roman font, justified on BOTH the left and right sides. Leave a margin of 20 mm all round, except the left-hand margin which it should be 30mm.
a relevant title of the thesis of 12 words max. should be produced.
marking criteria is also attached.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.