Analysis of Booking.com and Expedia.com
The purpose of this analysis is to illustrate the success of traffic and conversion.
You will analyze how Booking.com and Expedia is successful at (Traffic & Conversion,)
Analysis of Booking.com and Expedia.com
1.Students are to do five different hotel searches (different locations, dates, lengths of stay) on Booking.com and the same five searches on Expedia.com.
2..Determine which site offered the better hotels, better information layout, better incentives to book a hotel. 3. What aspects of the site more effectively influenced them to want to book the hotel?
4. Discuss hotel sort order. How should the sites order the hotels when there might be hundreds of available hotels? By price (lowest to highest, highest to lowest)? By location (closest to the center of the city, closest to transportation hubs)? By user reviews? By star rating? By general appeal?
5. How might the ordering affect conversion rate?
6. Students are to find the email recruitment for each website (this requires you to move through several steps of booking a hotel). Which site does a better job inviting customers to sign up for email deals?
Direct traffic – Directly Search your company –
7. How much traffic do you think your company receives?
8. Why do you think it is so high?
9. What can they do (or continue to do) to make sure this stays high?
Paid referral traffic.
10. Do remember seeing banner ads or video ads while browsing the internet for your website?
11. What kind of advertising would be successful for them (e.g. what products, if advertised, would drive traffic of good quality and quantity)?
Unpaid referral traffic.
12. If you had a website, under what circumstance would you link to Amazon?
13. What could they do to facilitate more referral traffic (e.g. what if they provided social media buttons for key products like Kindle Fire or Amazon fireTV?
14. Do 5 searches for 5 locations you might consider visiting. (Trip to Paris, Flight to Greece, Travel to ….)
15. For each search record (1) whether your company showed up in the first page of organic results and (2) whether your company had a paid advertisement for that search.
16. What could they have done better?
A good conversion rate for eCommerce websites is 3–5%. Amazon’s is several times higher than that.
17. What is it about Amazon and Amazon shoppers that makes their conversion rate so high?
18. Is it something that other retailers could replicate?
19. Go to the homepage of Amazon to determine what effectively “pulls” consumers to complete the Purchase. Perform a search and determine how Amazon’s suggestions help consumers find the product they’re looking for. How do you think Amazon provides such good suggestions?
20. Now go through the purchase on Booking.com or Expedia.com. Discuss the number of steps in the process and how Amazon makes the process easier vs Booking.com or Expedia.com.Also discuss how Amazon makes the customer feel secure in their purchase. Point out the account creation process during the checkout procedure. Does it include regular emails? Why do you think Amazon does not have a regular email program?
21. Discuss Amazon Prime. What effect does it have on consumers’ frequency of purchase? On product selection (will they purchase from an alternate seller if it’s available through Amazon Prime)? What costs does Amazon incur from a Prime subscriber? How does Amazon entice buyers to try Prime?
22. Now discuss Booking.com or Expedia.com do they have a loyalty program like PRIME?
23. Discuss the pros and cons of having or not having one.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.