important: The event I attempted to was in honor of the Hiram Rosenwald school opened in 1930. It was a supporting event for Paulding’s County only African American historical organization. The performance at this event was made of various artists each taking turns on the stage to tell their stories. These stories were about love, freedom, and Humanity in general. the artist was using poetry in their stories the theme was around African American culture so was the music and the food
Introduction. Provide context and overview to the entire performance. Include: Who were the performers or artists? Provide names if you learned them; explain or describe their role in the performance; provide titles of stories.
a. Soon after the performance, think back, identify and share one or two specific moments that were particularly powerful for you.
b. Identify the teller’s (actor’s, performer’s, etc.) name, story title – if it has one – and a brief descriiption (context) of how your moment is positioned in the larger story. If the story has no title, then sum up a statement to what it is about (i.e. the story about the dog that ate the elephant).
2. Pick a moment that vividly exemplifies one or two of the dominating aesthetics list below. Vividly describe the moment with rich details and explain how the aesthetic is met, seen, demonstrated or used. Recreate the moment for the reader using your words.
a. Imagery, rhythm, tempo or delivery of the scriipt/words
b. Sounds or musical instruments
c. Costume or dress
d. Movement, gestures or dance
e. Environment (setting, lights, etc.)
3. Pick a moment that vividly exemplifies how this performance changed or expanded your view of what “performance” can be? Vividly describe the moment with rich details and explain how at least two of the basic elements of the performance: color, shapes, textures, rhythms, tempos, melodies, space(s), and forms. You may also consider the metaphorical, figurative or poetic nature of words or phrases.
4. Pick a moment that that vividly exemplifies one of the “functions and values” of performance from the list provided. Vividly describe the moment with rich details to analyze and explain how the “function and value” is met. a. Consider the List Functions and Values as listed during our What is Performance? Topic; must be used as part of your discussion and analysis. What values or benefits is confirmed in your example? (If the link does not open directly when you push it, use the “right-click” of your mouse to open a menu; choose “open link” – it will open in a new tab).
b. Include in your example a connection from our lessons and/or chapters already covered? Pick one concrete idea or concept from either the lessons/lectures or from a chapter and connect to this performance/moment in a clear and meaningful way.
c. Include in your example one strong societal or cultural connections can be made or seen from this performance/moment? Explain and analyze how this cultural component was performed, integrated, and made effective. Remember that culture can refer to something other than relating to a specific country; can be a “collective” of unified ideals, values, etc. brought forth in the content or material.
5. Pick a moment that that vividly exemplifies a personal response or connection made during the performance. Choose a moment that was particularly exciting, compelling, emotional, etc.
a. What was your visceral reaction to this moment? Describe your physical and emotional response. Did you get goose bumps? Did you laugh? Is your body tense?
b. What specifically appealed to you?
c. How did you interpret what you saw?
d. Did it remind you of a moment/event from your life or someone close to you? Explain.
6. From your experience to this performance, if you were to create, write and perform a moment from the story of “you,” what artistic choices (scriipt, staging, movement, performance style, method of storytelling, etc.) from the performance would you steal for this play/performance moment from the story of “you?”
a. What moment would it be? Pick a specific moment from the “story of you” and tell/explain the smaller story (moment).
b. Overall, how would you perform it?
c. Then, choose the artistic choice from the 1st required performance and describe it as how it was used whil watching/experiencing the 1st required performance. Choose and build upon something in the performance that you really enjoyed or found engaging – let your imagination run wild!
d. How then would you incorporate this artistic choice into your own performance? Creatively and vividly explain how you would apply it to your own personal performance idea(s). Why and how would it work?
e. Explain how this performance piece exemplifies or displays “you” and who you are.
f. Obviously, you will be concentrating on a very tiny portion of “you” which you will need to explain and situate. (Remember that all performance relates to the human condition and empathy). Your creative performance ideas MUST be situated and relative to a specific event or moment of or about “you.”
7. Provide a conclusion or summary of your responses for questions #2 – #6 and then “tie it up with a bow” and come to a clean final statement or two. Make sure to specifically reiterate the choices and moments you discussed.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.