Sociologists should be able to analyze existing statistics and how they are used in social research. This assignment will help you learn this concept. Use the following situation to answer the prompts that follow: An African American sociology student wants to test the hypothesis that Affirmative Action has helped alleviate racial discrimination on college campuses in the United States. The student does not have access to funds to pay interviewers or to use most other methods of gathering data so the student decides to use existing statistics as his source of data.
1. Explain what information this student will need to collect in order to test the hypothesis. Provide a link to at least one source of existing statistics that would have some data that the student could use to test the hypothesis. (50-75 words)
2. Explain the difference between raw data and existing statistics. (50 words)
3. Citing 1 source about analyzing existing statistics, explain how this student should analyze the statistics that he or she finds. What variables should be compared to each other to test the hypothesis? (75-100 words)
4. Explain whether this type of research is based on interpretivist or positivist methodology. Use the definitions of the 2 types of methodology to explain why you answered the way you did. (50-75 words)
5. Citing 1 source about bias in research, explain how this student could have bias in his study. That is, what would be some of the possible sources of his bias when using existing statistics about Affirmative Action? (75-100 words)
6. GCU believes that the duty of the Christian is to strive to further the good of the culture and the society through education and the embodiment of biblical principles related to goodness and justice. How might a sociology student with the Christian worldview approach bias in research? (50-75 words)
7. Citing 1 source about reliability and viability in research, explain how this student could evaluate the reliability and validity of the research. What steps should the student take and what should she/he look for to do this? Be sure your answer demonstrates that you understand these two terms. (75-100 words)
8. Imagine you are using an existing statistics research method for your research study. Using your selected social problem, create a research question suitable for existing research
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.