Case Study 3: Probability and Impact
• Weight 5% of the final grade
• Due no later than 11:00 p.m. on Sunday of Unit 6
Objectives [CLO 1, CLO 2, CLO 3, CLO 4, CLO 5, CLO 6]
On successful completion of this assignment, students should be able to:
• outline in detail different facets of project execution, monitoring, controlling, and closing;
• explain specific inputs, tools, techniques, and outputs that allow project managers to execute, control, and close projects effectively;
• explore the entire range of key issues and fully articulate the potential pros and cons of the possible measures; and
• make effective project management decisions and communicate succinctly.
Milosevic, D. Z., Patanakul, P., & Srivannaboon S. (2010). Probability and Impact. In Case studies in project, program, and organizational project management (pp. 245-246). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
This probability and impact case study presents the use of probability and impact as a risk analysis procedure. The case discusses the development of appropriate risk thresholds for the nature of risk events during the execution of projects. This case shows how risk analysis procedures can be adjusted to address different types of risks.
In your analysis of this case, you must ensure that you include the following:
• An introductory paragraph and brief summary of what this case study is about.
• An explanation the benefits of project risk management (provide at least three benefits), providing details as to how risk management was conducted in the case.
• Explain the components of a robust Risk Management Plan and Risk Register and discuss how risk management was conducted in this case.
• A short paragraph as conclusion.
All submissions must be done through the online Turnitin portal in Moodle. Percentage similarity MUST NOT exceed 15%.
Read the Case Study associated with the specific unit carefully, then proceed as follows:
1. Prepare a response that is 750 words or maximum of 3 pages double-spaced (excluding title page and reference page) and should follow APA format and referencing style.
2. While there is no “formula” for analyzing case studies, the following guidelines are recommended:
a. Define the outcomes and objectives for your analysis. What questions are you trying to answer and what issues are you trying to resolve?
b. Rapidly skim through the case study and get a sense for how the case study has been structured
c. Read through the case study with paper and pencil and make notes as you go along
3. Structure the information in the case study: this is the key step.
a. Whilst addressing the case questions, think of the information given in the case study as “raw data” that you have gathered to help you answer the questions and resolve the issues in Step 2a above.
b. You need to structure this information in order to resolve the issues. Here are some useful dimensions along which you can structure the given information chronologically:
i. evolution of the industry in which the enterprise operates (e.g., changes in technology, customer needs, competitive landscape)
ii. evolution of strategy – business, technology, and market – of the enterprise
iii. evolution of technology (including manufacturing), product platforms, and product lines of the enterprise
iv. the technology, product, and process development process within the enterprise
v. growth (or decline) of the enterprise with respect to market share, revenues, costs, profits, etc.
vi. organizational structure of the enterprise
vii. key decisions made at different stages in the life of enterprise, and the drivers for these decisions
4. Make extensive use of figures, tables, trees, etc. to shape your thinking during the structuring process.
5. Draw conclusions, answer questions, resolve issues, and make recommendations using the structured information in Step 3.
Evaluation and Feedback
Case Study 3 will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall. Professors will provide feedback within a week of submission.
Activity/Competencies Demonstrated % of Final Grade
1. Critical Analysis and Conclusions (70%)
a. Outcomes and objectives effectively identified /30
b. Conclusions, solutions and recommendations are appropriate and supported /40
2. Communication (20%)
a. Uses language clearly and effectively /10
b. Information organized intelligently and holistically /10
3. Attention to Detail (10%)
a. APA Referencing and formatting of titles, headings & references (when used) /5
b. Spelling and grammar /5
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.