Health Sector Operations Management (MBA) – Report
Full details about the report requirements are in the attached word file (Name: Assignment requirements)
Paper Size : A4
Word Count : 4000 words
Printing Margins : LHS; RHS: 1 Inch
Binding Margin : ½ Inch
Header and Footer : 1 Inch
Printing : Single Sided
Basic Font Size : 12
Font Style : Arial/Times New Roman
Presentation : Bound Document
Learning outcomes Covered
LO 1: Demonstrate a critical understanding of common terminology, concepts, and practices in various healthcare delivery environments.
LO 2: Critically evaluate commonly recognized problems with healthcare delivery systems and develop ways to design, organise and manage them.
LO 3: Demonstrate critical understanding and the ability to evaluate key measures used to assess healthcare systems and process performance
LO 4: Critically adapt selected Lean tools for analysing and improving healthcare processes.
Managing operations of a healthcare organization is quite challenging. COVID 19 pandemic resulted a substantial increase for the demand for healthcare services. Economic downturn, disruptions to routine activities and uncertainties are posing healthcare managers to be vigilant in managing operations.
1. a) Describe any preferred process of your organization in detail. You may use diagrams and/or flow charts.
b) Explain the demand the selected process may have in future based on past records and future needs by clearly indicating your assumptions. Describe the available time and the cycle time. Determine the work content and time required with adequate explanations. Suggest the capacity required to meet the anticipated demand in terms of human resources. (Suggested word count for both 3. a) and 3. b) is 1,000).
2. Green practices are popular among organizations including healthcare firms. Some of the green practices pertaining to operations and supply chain management include green sourcing, green manufacturing, green design, green packaging, green logistics and reverse logistics. Explain how the above green practices can be implemented in healthcare organizations by giving examples. (Suggested word count – 1000 words).
3. Assume that you work as the Procurement Manager in a healthcare organization. List 10 factors you need to consider in placing orders for new consignments of medicines and various consumables required by the organization such as seasonality, packaging and re-order level. Briefly describe each factor preferably with an example/ examples and describe how lean management practices can address those factors. (Suggested word count – 100 words).
4. Analyze the operational risks faced by a healthcare organization of your choice. Describe the risks using the risk matrix. You should explain risks both in terms of probability and impact. Suggest appropriate strategies to mitigate the identified risks. (Suggested word count – 1000).
1.a) Excellent explanation of a selected process of an organization/ward/department, using diagrams/flow charts. 10 marks.
1.b) Accurate forecasting of demand with adequate justifications and reasonable assumptions, Accurate calculation of work content, cycle time, and capacity required using proper assumptions/justifications.15 marks. Question 1.a) and 1.b) cover LO1 & LO2.
2. Excellent explanation of how green practices can be implemented in healthcare organizations by giving adequate examples. – 25 marks. This question covers LO 2, and LO3.
3. Excellent identification of 10 factors used by a procurement manager in placing new orders and explain with examples as to how they are linked to lean management practices. 25 marks. This question covers LO2, LO3 & LO4.
4. Excellent explanation of operational risks faced by a healthcare organization by giving adequate examples and suggestions to mitigate those risks. – 25 marks. This question covers LO 2, and LO3.
The students are expected to maintain the academic rigor of the report by providing in-text citations and references. Please ensure that you use a minimum of 20 sources from academic journals, required reading, and recommended reading given in the module Specification section of the student handbook.
All sources of information must be referenced using “Harvard referencing” where a reference listing should be included at the end of the assignment.
Please include the assignment cover sheet and feedback sheet in your softcopy of the assignment. Please avoid copying assignment questions in your answer file.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.